Monday 2 July 2007

Very Strange Dream

I had a very strange dream the other night. It wasn't a bad dream, it wasn't a scary dream, it was just a little bit odd. You know how dreams can be comforting or disturbing, well this one was both.

It was that point in the night where you wake up knowing its morning but want to go back to sleep. As it was the weekend I was able to go back to sleep knowing that I didn't have much to do that day. So in that second wave of sleep I had the most vivid dream, as I always do. The most vivid and memorable dreams fall in that second wave of sleep.

What was the dream I had then? Well, let me elaborate. The dream started with me finding out I was pregnant, not bad, it happens. So when I had the baby, my fiance, the baby and me were still in his room in his parents house. Not bad, well his room is the smallest in the house and there is barely enough room for the two of us. So when there were three in my dream it was very tight. The baby grew, but no-one else did, and the dream ended when my baby was about 5 years old.

So what, you may ask, was strange about that? Firstly, we both decided that we would not have a baby until we had our own home. Secondly, the rest of the family didn't get any older so it ended with my baby being older than his youngest nephew. AND Finally, I have this feeling inside that it was a vision of my baby, my son. Beautiful rosy cheeks, gorgeous dark brown ringlets, big brown eyes, perfect in every way. I heard his voice, what a wonderful voice it was too, ringing and clear, not sharp, the voice of an angel.

Sorry if this seems odd to you but it was so real even though time was a bit off. I am shocked at myself but I just have this belief deep down that it was my future son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dream but don't read anything into it. Dreams are not predictive - they are creations of your current state of mind. You are obviously in a good frame of mind and are looking forward to a wonderful future life. This dream is the idealisation of that sought for future time. Real people will always be the age they are as that is how your mind sees them!