Friday 1 June 2007

Blue Moon

As you may well know it was a full moon the other day (31/05/2007) and to top it off it was a Blue Moon. Now full moons affect me most of the time anyway but blue moons the worst. I am always a bit cranky when the moon is full and especially if it is the second one of the month. Worst bit is that the blue moon has also fallen in the month of my birth. Not good!!

So, that set the day up really. I woke up feeling really bad, having not slept well. Other than that the morning was really quite good. Went out for lunch with a friend, and didn't get served until 2:15 (so I was really hungry). BUT again not too bad. Then things start to go down hill. Firstly it starts to rain so I get soaked. Then I went to work.........

What a night! Starts off with some simple calls which I can cope with. Then I get a transfer from another department for a problem that is their's to solve. While trying to explain that to them they decide to just transfer the customer through anyway. At which point, while trying not to lose my temper, I explain that I need to pass them back to that department because it is not my call. STRESS NUMBER 1

The evening continues fairly well until my last call of the night. This customer decides that everything that has gone wrong is my fault and that I am only not helping him because I don't want to. It was like trying to explain to a brick wall why it needed a hole cutting into it for a door. Nothing I said was going through to him. He kept saying something when I had just explained really clearly that it couldn't happen. He wasn't happy, and then started asking to talk to my team leader... who had gone home incidentally... so I looked around and saw that all of the team leaders were busy. Nothing I could do I explained, but no.... he decided that he would "hold for as long as it took" (this is at 9:45, 15min before we were due to go home). Luckily one of the team leaders became free and was able to sort something out for him. STRESS NUMBER 2

So, that was that, except that I was then due to go out that night. After all the stresses of the day I felt awful. I decided not to go out but to go home and get some sleep. Not that I was tired by the time I made it home. STRESS NUMBER 3

So thats the stress that a blue moon puts me under.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I've always wished to be able to 'feel' the Full Moon ... but after reading this, maybe I should count myself lucky that I can't ;) Hope the next Blue Moon will treat you better.