Saturday 9 June 2007

Work Related Stress (again)

By the end of the evening this is what I wanted to do to my work computer. Not because of the computer but because of the people ringing me through it!
Image Hosted by <span class=

It was one of those up/down days where good and bad things happened in tandem. I received some really good news from my Team Leader, my customer service score was 100%. However after receiving that news I went on to have some really nasty, awkward calls. People don't seem to realise that if the system says no then nothing can be done for them. No matter how many times I try to explain that to people they have this belief that the Team Leaders can work miracles.

What makes people think that "managers" are all powerful? They seem to believe that by asking a manager to do something suddenly the answer changes. MOST of the time it DOESN'T.

So although I had some really good calls, as you do in a 6 hour day, some of the calls were of the above type. Including the last call of the evening....

I finish work at 10pm so when a call comes through at 9:50pm you get a satisfied feeling knowing that you could make the call last 10 min then you can go home. All well and good unless that call is the worst one you had all day. At 9:55pm I was asked by the customer to get my "manager" who, in their mind, would be able to change the computer system. NOT likely. So one of the TL came over to talk to her and after another 15mins she is still unhappy. luckily the phone dies and the TL decides not to call her back. So I get to leave for my bus at 10:15... not good when that is the time the bus is due.

Missed the bus had another half hour wait for the next one. Great!! What a day!!!!!

No comments: